FORT LEE, Virginia – The Fort Lee A Avenue gate will re-open Thursday for personnel, residents and visitors as the school year begins.
The gate’s hours will be 5 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays to accommodate the increased school-related traffic.
Scheduled hours for all gates include:
- Shop Road Gate: closed
- Lee Gate: closed, Visitor Control Center open 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays
- Sisisky Gate: always open
- Mahone Gate: 5 a.m.-11p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. weekends
- A Avenue Gate: 5 a.m. – 6 p.m. weekdays, weekday hours apply on federal holidays if local schools are open
- Temple Avenue Gate: 4:30-8 a.m. weekdays
- Jackson Circle Gate: always open to staff, residents and authorized guests
An installation gate hours map and other visitor information is on the Fort Lee website at home.army.mil/lee/index.php/visitors.
Fort Lee, as the Home of Army Sustainment, supports the training, education and development of adaptive Army logistics professionals. Major organizations on the installation include the Defense Commissary Agency, Defense Contract Management Agency, Combined Arms Support Command, the Army Logistics University, U.S. Army Ordnance School, U.S. Army Quartermaster School and U.S. Army Transportation School. Fort Lee supports more than 90,000 Soldiers, retirees, veterans, family members and civilian employees in the local area with a regional economic impact of about $2.4 billion per year.
Fort Lee Public Affairs Office | 804.734.7451 | ArmyFortLee.PAO@mail.mil